By Amanda Coffey | October 19, 2017
Naas Credit Union is now seeking to recruit a CFO to join our management team and support the ongoing strategic development of our organisation. The successful candidate will share responsibility to develop and drive the business forward to achieve the ambitions and attainable growth targets. This is a control function under the Central Bank fitness and probity regime.
Naas Credit Union is a member owned, community based financial organisation. Our members are at the core of everything we do. After all, our members are our owners. Established in 1968, Naas Credit Union is now one of the largest in Ireland, with more than 37,000 members, and assets of more than €150 million. Offering a range of ethical financial services, membership is open to anyone living or working in Naas, Maynooth, Newbridge and surrounding areas. Our main services are savings accounts and flexible loans for members.
As a Credit Union, we are different. The more members do business with us, the more we can give back to the community. We are a not-for-profit organisation, so the money we make goes directly back to our members. That’s what sets us apart from our competitors. That’s what makes us unique.
Every member of our team is dedicated to providing a professional, welcoming and efficient service to our members. We take great pride in our work, and in making sure that our members’ needs are met in the best way possible.
- You will provide strategic recommendations to enhance financial performance and identify new business opportunities, and keep abreast of regulatory reporting requirements.
- Support Management in ensuring the achievement of the organisation’s objectives, targets, and budgets.
- Periodically review functional areas to ensure effective operation, management and quality of performance.
- Develop financial models to critically evaluate strategic development plans
- Manage the overall credit union budget cycle and prepare quarterly budgets, forecasts and business plan models that include continued performance monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure a robust risk and control framework exists within Naas Credit Union by working with the Risk and Compliance manager.
- Responsible for the motivation, coordination and leadership of employees within the finance team
- Lead the financial function involving oversight of excellent financial information. Ability to develop and implement financial reporting packs that report in a timely manner, showing actual results against forecasted/budgeted figures.
- Manage the Finance team in the production of accurate and timely monthly financial and statutory reports as well as financial analysis, projections, budgets and results.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of various accounting records and financial systems. Ensure that all internal controls and procedures are fully implemented and close any control weaknesses by implementing changes where necessary.
- Ensure a successful external audit at year end.
- Interaction with auditors, regulators and other professional advisers to ensure ongoing corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- 10 years’ financial management experience, ideally at least 5 at a management level.
- Experience working in a financial institution is preferred.
- Strong leadership skill
- Excellent ability to communicate, be self-motivated
- Experience managing stakeholder, customer and third party relationships
- Demonstrated capability in driving and implementing continuous improvement.
- Be systems focused and embrace technology to deliver improvements and efficiencies
- Strong Excel and financial modelling skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures to include statutory accounting
Please submit your application to email@example.com.